Pages

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Mom's Visit

I can hardly believe that 2 weeks has passed already and now mom is just arriving in Toronto to snow and lots of it. I hope she makes it home safely, although I wouldn't mind if she flew back over here and stayed with us! Mom was a great help for me here...and I'm just slightly worried what the next couple of days are going to be like for us. Amelia and Aaron both have colds at the moment but they are (I think and hope) starting to clear up.


Here is the castle gates or entrance to Edinburgh Castle from being here you can overlook on both sides to see...

Arthur's seat in the back...and the old town below.
And some hills and the new town on the other side.
Like I said we went to many places on Saturday and Greyfriar's churchyard was included here are a few pictures of that. Below is the well known picture of the monument(?) put up for the covenanting martyr's.


Here is mom in the tour bus that we took earlier that week.
And here is my lovely mother coming back from grocery shopping...she walked the one way and got the taxi back.
Amelia holding Aaron (with Oma very close beside Aaron!)
Aaron in the tub.
This is one way to get her to somewhat smile for the camera...playing peekaboo!
Daddy and Aaron...
And a close up of the little sweetie sleeping.
Don't ask me where she got her attitude, but at least she likes her toast and jam. :)
Well, I should save the other pics for the next time. Now I can't wait for Care and Joe to come over! :)

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I think Amelia's smile in the "peekaboo" picture is very much like yours! It's a sweet picture.

Stephanie said...

I don't know if you're like me, Ev-but I get very depressed when my mom leaves. I hate thinking about it. I'm crazy.

I'm sure yall had lots of fun! Moms are so nice to have around. And it's kina sad to say, but you just don't appreciate your mother until you're one yourself. I could be wrong, but that's the way it was with me! :s

The photo of Amy with jam on her mouth reminds me of Jackie (your sister) for some reason. Do you think?

Stephanie said...

Oh, I must comment also about the shirt that Amy has on (the one with her holding Aaron)-it's fab!