Pages

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Busy Saturday!

After a week of horrible winds and rain...and just downright coldness today of all days was bright and sunny...still windy mind you but at least it was bareable! Soo...I decided this has to be the day I take mom into the old town of Edinburgh! FINALLY! So...with just a wee map to go by I took my mom out to see St.Giles Cathedral (was surprised at how large it is...I don't seem to remember much from the time I was there in 2003), and then went up to the Castle gates, then I took her down to see the cute statute of Greyfriar's Bobby, the churchyard and the Covenanter's prison and the monument (or is it a monument?) and then to see the Grassmarket. It was ALOT of walking and pushing with a double stroller fully loaded with kids and bags...so I am tired as is mom! We stopped at Starbucks for a quick cup of coffee, got upset at Comcab taxis' and finally got a taxi from Central Taxis to get home (£8!?). After lunch and a quick snooze, we again got out to a small shopping centre to shop for clothes! Anyways, we got some KFC for dinner and now I'm writing this when I need to be getting ready for bed and for tomorrow. Aaron is supposed to be baptized tomorrow. Anyways, I will get pictures up soon of my mom's trip! :) For now I shall end this!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

sounds like yall had a pretty busy day!! I know how those are---very exhausting!! Wow! Being in another country without a car...hmm, I duno how I would do it. I'm sure yall had fun,though. did you get any clothes, Ev??

Evelyn said...

well we made good use of the expensive taxi service! I would have used the buses, but we would end up walking a little more than we would want to. Well, actually my mom bought me a sweater, and brought with her from Canada an outfit and a shirt that I lol took off her hands! Sheena actually gave me some of her clothes. I haven't found much here yet for clothes, but I haven't been looking very hard either! :)