Pages

Wednesday, January 06, 2016

New Years BBQ and Devonport

Happy New Years everyone!  NZ is a bit different from other countries, well at least from the US.  Lots of trades, and some shops are closed for what seems like a two week period. This year I was really missing family.  So, I decided to host a BBQ here at the manse with a few families (lol which means loads of children).It turned out very nice, the men cooked. And some of us women were busy chatting away.:) 

Here is Tanya and myself.  She is a homeschooling Mum of 8 children.  She also is very photogenic...unlike the big pregnant mama beside her. :D

We had dreary weather, but with the little cover we did have the bbq's stilled cooked up some yummy meat!




See what I mean?  She always has this cheerful smile. Maybe I was needing food... :)

Paul (a Deacon in our church) helped himself to washing up and his wife followed suit and did the dessert dishes. :)  It really as an enjoyable evening.

The following Monday, a lot of the same people met up in Devonport to have a picnic lunch and a walk.  It was a beautiful day and the views were spectacular.

North head was a WW2 artillery emplacement.  The Kiwi's were prepared to fight off a Japanese invasion should one happen...thankfully it didn't.  There are tunnels to go through and a lovely coastal walk as well.
Here are some of the children, myself, Jett and Alasdair (an elder in our church).
 More children looking out...
 Another lookout.  Yes my hat has gone all floppy, but it kept my head from getting sunburnt. :)

About this time I turned around and walked back to the vans.  I am pregnant and didn't want to overdo it.  So insteadof doing the whole coastal walk I got to visit with Ruth and her 2 week old baby boy, which means I also got a cuddle too.  He is such a cuddly sweet boy!  I have still about 2 and 1/2 months to go, before we see our little one Lord willing.

And here are a few children getting dirty. :)
Another year is over and another has begun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evelyn EVERYONE HERE in Scotland, especially your friends in Glasgow wish you and your husband Jett ALL the best when your latest new-born arrives. Have the rehospital told you if its a boy or a girl? Hope you are able to have some help at the upcoming Auckland Communion due to start dv on Jan 28 2016 DV. From D in Glasgow

Anonymous said...

Hi Evelyn. Hope the recent Communion in Auckland + Presbytery Meeting BOTH went well.

I also hope you DID NOT have too many visitors staying in the manse over the whole communion weekend.