Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Travels, swimming, missing teeth and a birthday

Again, I leave blogging on the back burner and when I do find time to update I realize there is just too many photos and too much information to put up.  So I'll be brief. 

Aaron is losing his baby teeth!  Here he is with one missing, and then the second was pulled out in Tauranga.

Last weekend we were in Tauranga for the communion which was very nice.  It seems to be very hot during that time.  I was very thankful for the pool at the Motel, the children and I used it a couple of times.  On the way home we stopped at Waihi beach...beautiful sun, sand and waves and hardly anybody in sight.  The kids of course, had to wade a wee bit. :)

Just before church at the Motel...
Yes they were watching a dvd, I think it was a Creation Astronomy dvd, they really enjoy anything about space! 
  
On the way home at Waihi Beach.

 

 Coming back from Tauranga we just made it for Amelia's last swimming lesson.  She really enjoyed her teacher and the other boys in her class.  We might try private lessons next time...we'll see. :)

Here she is "diving" under and then with a little helpful push getting low enough to grab the "toy" from the bottom.


Smiling... :)
 
 

The best way to play a piano around here is on the back of a trailer.
This is my piano with many thanks to the de Boers.  :)


Keithie is 2!  And here is my quick-think-of-an-idea-cake for him.  The polar bear looked pretty neat but the seal took more of a salamander appearance...haha!  Keith liked it anyways.
 

Getting his toy out of the packaging....he REALLY REALLY liked his present!
 And I really like how sturdy it is.  WOW toys, look into them, you'll like them!
Can you believe he is two?  What happened to my baby??
I asked him at the dinner table if he wanted us to sing happy birthday and he quickly said, "No" and of course we just cracked up laughing.  Silly boy.  I asked him if he wanted his present and again, "No"!  This morning he was trying to push me and say, "Mommy, lets eat."  Another typical boy in the family who likes their food. 
 
Anyways, that is our update for the time being.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos and update. What a handsome group of children. Love you...talk to you soon I hope. That's right it is Keith's birthday... I remembered and then forgot :( :) Happy birthday Keith. Love from Grandma Terry

Unknown said...

Yay a new piano!!
And happy birthday Keith :)

Anonymous said...

When Jett was a Divinity Student in Scotland, ur family were so young how they have grown. Its marvellous to hear what is happening in Auckland N Z.

Anonymous said...

On behalf of ALL ur friends In Scotland, can I take this Opportunity to Wish Jett, Evelyn and ur family A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR WHEN IT COMES

Evelyn said...

Thank you very much! Happy New Year!