Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

well overdue!

It is not because I don't like blogging but...being net-less, moving about the country, and immigrating (or trying to apply in the first place) kind of makes it difficult to update here.

So, where are we? Well...we've travelled up to Canada, and currently living in Chesley for the next couple of months.

The biggest news is we sent off the application!! And we did hear some news back from them. At first we thought "oh no!" Because they want to see more documents...well, I don't know how many more documents we can come up with before mailing ourselves over to Ottawa but nevermind. :D They wanted to see 1. More evidence of our stable relationship (ie rent agreements) 2. Uhm, this is sort of a secret... and 3. An FBI criminal record check?! So...Jett called them up the next day because I thought the last one was ridiculous according to the NZ requirements (I had to live in a country for at least 5 yrs before I had to supply them with that countries criminal record check) and I was right!! So scratch the FBI thingy, and just the above two had to be supplied. Another thing that will make the waiting for these visa's longer is the Medicals (Medical Examination). They have to be sent all the way to NZ to be assessed. This takes 4-6 weeks. So still waiting but we are more hopeful.

Another issue we are currently trying to remedy is acquiring more medication for Amy in Canada. It was easy to see the doctor and pay for the visit but not so easy to get her medication...they just don't have the liquid form here. Trying to measure the same in tablet form (not to mention on trying to get a 4/5 year old to take a tablet) probably will not be very easy. We still have a couple of options so we aren't completely left without hope!

Since we have the net now, maybe I'll be able to post some pictures soon (not that I've taken many recently).

2 comments:

Sharon said...

You do realize that announcing on your blog that you have a secret will cause people to start speculating, don't you? :)

Evelyn said...

Heehee yes I was fully aware :) Will let everyone know soon. But you likely already know! :)