This is my last (I hope) post before baby decides to arrive. I have doubts baby wants to come this week, so we'll try to be patient for him or her to come next week. ;) So with that, here is my *last* pregnant photo of me at 40 weeks and 3 days, I'm smiling that way due to my husband amusing me. :) For some reason I *feel* huge and heavy, but when I see this I think, "Hmm, I could be bigger!" If you want to guess how big the baby will be and length nows the time to guess and leave a comment! 
This is something I thought I would never do... let my young child feed himself or herself. I wonder how many times I've broken my so called "rules" about raising children! Now, I don't let him do this everytime mind you, but during supper it is nice to not worry about two babies to feed! I've got enough trying to get Amy to eat anything, sooo!*Sigh* another broken rule...No chocolate for breakfast... does nutella count? ;) This is all I can get her to eat in the morning, unless I force her to get an egg down. "Chocolate toast" is the nowaday thing.
And the wonders of cardboard boxes!! Heehee this one is massive, and perfect for a fort, house, tunnel you name it! :)
And this is for Grandma Terry. As you can see, this is the "purple" bear that I'm guessing was meant for Amelia but she decided on the white one. Both are well loved by Aaron though, and preferred by any other teddies.

9 comments:
I don't think you look that big at all for 40 weeks. I'm guessing the baby will be medium-sized (that's as specific as I'm getting, LOL)
Why don't you like the little ones to feed themselves? Is it because of the mess? I'll spoon-feed the extra messy foods, like chili or spaghetti, but otherwise I'm happy for them to feed themselves. And as soon as they're able to eat without making a huge mess, I let them feed themselves anything (that was shortly before 2 for Noah, more like 3 for Elijah).
I'm looking forward to hearing about the baby's arrival!
LOL medium sized :) sounds like my guess too although I'm getting quite specific...but then again I probably have too much time to be thinking about baby or I can't think of anything else!
Yes, mess is the cause for me feeding them and not themselves, but I'm seeing the benefits of them learning how to eat on their own, and if I instruct them well perhaps they will end up not making such an awful mess in the long run, or be asking me to feed them when they are well old enough to do so on their own. (Hope that all made sense.)
Wow Ev, I think you're a lot bigger than me! I'm guessing medium sized too. I don't remember the birth weights of your last two, but I can imagine 7 1/2 or 8 pounds for this one... but maybe that's just because that's what Jackie is speculating for me and so those are the numbers in my head. :P
I wonder which one of us will be first?? Just so long as you don't "take" our name, I have no problem with you going first. ;D ;D
Btw, I always let Matthew feed himself... it's never occurred to me not to let him! I always thought I'd let him figure it out as soon as possible. Of course, sometimes the resulting mess is quite outstanding, both on the table and the boy. (The floor is never an issue since the dog cleans up after him there.) :D
Well, be warned there is Inez who is due soon too, sooo! Hopefully we all thought of different names, and besides how do you know if I'm having a girl? ;) I could very well have a boy again, and thus no problems with the name issue! Ooh, I hope I go before you do, just because I'm sooo tired of waiting and its getting harder to move about and more back pain again and on and on... :( I'm seeing the midwife today so maybe I'll get some more info of when baby could be coming. Your due Monday right?
Honestly, I think you look smaller than you did with Aaron at this point in time! I can't remember how much he weighed, but unless you are pretty much literally carrying "all baby" (and very little amniotic fluid) I think there is potential this one will be smaller than he was!
We (the parents and I) always let the twins feed themselves the less messy things, and we did stuff like soup and purees and things. The boys liked to be independent, and it made it a lot easier to feed three little ones at the same time! I figure that unless it's going on the floor and you haven't got any creature willing to clean up for you (we've got a dog here, hehe...) then there's no real concern. Of course, with the broom and a swiffer wet-jet or something, I don't suppose it's too bad to clean up the mess on the floor anyway. Anyway... all that to say, I'm in favour of self-feeding early! 15 months sounds good to me! :)
And, finally, at least the "chocolate" has protein in it from the hazel nuts. I know a lot of mothers who feed Nutella on toast for breakfast, with a glass of O.J. and a glass of milk, and their kids are pretty healthy and happy, so I doubt they're any worse for the wear. :)
Hmm, maybe I'll have a girl then lol...its bothering me to no end to know who she or he is!!! Anyways, the problem with the floor is...it is carpeted!! Every room in this house is carpeted even the bathroom and kitchen! Sooo, a mess is not easily cleaned up on the floor, and no we don't have pets, and have no desire for any at the moment I've got enough to deal with! :) He does do a good job of eating if he is hungry enough, otherwise he starts to play with the food and that is when the mess starts.
Thanks for that about nutella. I wish I could get her to eat something else, but in the mornings I'm not wanting to have to be there 100% of the time trying to get bites down her.
Ah yes, carpet would make it more challenging! Perhaps one of those waterproof table cloths, or a piece of heavy duty plastic on the floor under his chair would help with regards to keeping the carpet clean then? There's also those plastic mats for computer chairs, and they come in all sorts of different sizes, so perhaps there's one that could work... of course, if he isn't hungry enough to eat the stuff, perhaps he doesn't need to have it anyway, right? :)
Precisely! I was thinking of a plastic thing a ma jig...but would have to do some shopping to find one and one that is affordable...but, I still let him feed himself on most things...we'll see how things go. :)
Post a Comment